Unfortunately, the installation of this App is a bit different from what you would typically expect. Since this is a "private" App for Air Canada employees and retirees (only) and not obtained from the usual places (Apple/Google Play, etc.) it may need some extra steps to get it to install. The App is for devices mentioned below and does not work on Windows phones (at least not yet).
There have been some "teething" problems with this APP since it is new, here are a few that we are aware of:
Android Specific (Samsung, LG, Acer, Asus, etc.):
- Before Launching the App for the first time, ensure that "installation from unknown device" is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Security, and then select the "Unknown Sources" checkbox under "Device Administration."
- "Failed to download" message; This may be because you have a slow internet connection or you had interrupted the download before it finished. The download could have also "timed out." You can usually "try again" and see if it works the next time. On an older Samsung Device that I attempted this with, it downloaded for 20 minutes and then showed as "Failed". I don't know if the actual download or the installation process failed.
- The App doesn't seem to install on all devices, especially older ones. If you have a newer iPhone or Android device, then it should install without any problems.
Apple iPhone or iPad Specific:
- Download the App at https://appstore.aircanada.com Click on the AC Life icon to initiate the download.
- When you first open an App the notification "untrusted Enterprise developer" will be displayed. To establish trust, tap Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles and Device Management. Under the "Enterprise App" heading tap "Air Canada" and confirm your choice to establish trust. Trust Air Canada > Trust
Return to the website you opened at the beginning and tap Download. It may appear nothing is happening. Wait a few (30 or so) seconds, then return to your Desktop and look for the AC Life icon. Open it and re-sign in. Be patient – it takes a few seconds.
- It sometimes fails with a message of "Unable to Download App" "AC Life could not be installed at this time. This may happen on older devices.