AC Life App
AC Life App
On September 6, 2017 Air Canada released a new App for Smartphones (called the AC Life App) that is available to Air Canada Employees and Retirees.
The AC Life App provides users "real time" flight load status and also shows an accurate standby list of those listed as standby on any Air Canada or Rouge flight. The app is primarily designed for use at the boarding gate, for the day of your flight and the day after, so that you can confirm that you are listed and in what order. It will also show if you have been checked in properly. This will greatly assist standby travellers by providing a simplified way of allowing you to check your listing (and changing it if necessary) and indicate how many employees (or other standbys) are ahead (or behind you) on any given flight. It is for use on mobile devices only (iPhone, Blackberry, and Android phones) and will not work from a Desktop computer or laptop. This is primarily used on the day of flight and your listing won't show until you have actually checked in at the airport.
Note: Please bookmark this page as it will be updated as new information is received.
Note 2: if you are having problems logging into the ACaeronet, then please click here for directions.
- The AC Life App is only available to those that have permission to use it. Access is presently provided for Air Canada employees and retirees that also have access to the AC Aeronet site. The AC Aeronet site is at https://acaeronet.aircanada.com/. If you forget where this site is, just Google "ACaeronet" and it will come up with the link for the (publicly accessible) login site.
- If you don't have access to the AC Aeronet site then you won't be able to access the AC Life App. Your next step is to (1) Ascertain that you are eligible (2) Reset your login if you are eligible.
- Please note the Disclaimer on the ACaeronet Login page: By accessing this Air Canada site, you are confirming that you are authorized to do so and that you will abide by Air Canada's Code of Conduct, Yammer Use Policy and its Information Security Policy. Links to the Code of Conduct and Information Security Policy are available by clicking on the links provided. If you are not an active employee, you can't access Yammer, so don't worry about it.
How to get the App
This App is only available from the ACaeronet App Store at https://appstore.aircanada.com/ and is not available from Google Play (Android Devices) or the Apple Apps Store (Apple Devices).
- You can access the app by clicking here or visiting https://appstore.aircanada.com/ on your mobile device. Note: You will get an error if you attempt this from your Desktop Computer.
- After logging in to ACaeronet, the page will automatically identify your device and suggest the appropriate download option for it depending on your device (iPhone, Blackberry, Android).
- The download file is quite large (as Apps go) and is 25 MB or so. It may take a while to download it depending on how fast of an internet connection you have. On slower connections it could stall or "time out".
Older devices that have been reported to work with the AC Life App.
|Android Devices||Apple Devices|
|Motorola G4+||iPad 5|
Unfortunately, the installation of this App is a bit different from what you would normally expect. Since this is a "private" App for Air Canada employees and retirees (only) and not obtained from the normal places (Apple/Google Play, etc) it may need some extra steps to get it to install. The App is for devices mentioned below and does not work on Windows phones (at least not yet).
There have been some "teething" problems with this APP since it is new, here are a few that we are aware of:
Android Specific (Samsung, LG, Acer, Asus, etc):
- Before Launching the App for the first time, ensure that "installation from unknown device" is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Security, and then select the "Unknown Sources" checkbox under "Device Administration".
- "Failed to download" message. This may be because you have a slow internet connection or interrupted the download before it was finished. The download could have also "timed out". You can usually "try again" and see if it works the next time. On an older Samsung Device that I attempted this with, it downloaded for 20 minutes and then showed as "Failed". I don't know if the actual download or the installation process failed.
- The App doesn't seem to install on all devices, especially older ones. If you have a newer iPhone or Android device then it should install without any problems.
Apple iPhone or iPad Specific:
- Download the App at appstore.aircanada.ca Click on the AC Life icon to initiate the download..
- When you first open an App the notification "untrusted Enterprize developer will be displayed. To establish trust tap Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles and Device Management. Under the "Enterprize App heading tap "Air Canada" and confirm your choice to establish trust. Trust Air Canada > Trust
Return to the web site you opened at the beginning and tap Download. It may appear nothing is happening. Wait a few (30 or so) seconds, then return to your Desktop and look for the AC Life icon. Open it and re-sign in. Be patient – it takes a few seconds.
- It sometimes fails with a message of "Unable to Download App" "AC Life could not be installed at this time. This may happen on older devices.
Step by Step Installation Slideshow
AC Life App
For Air Canada Employees and Retirees
AC Life App
This slideshow will go through a step by step procedure showing how to use the AC Life App with tips and links to Help pages if you get stuck.
Other information regarding installation, etc. are covered in different areas of this website. If you haven't read them yet, you may want to read them by clicking on the link below.
If you've installed the App correctly you should see the icon as shown (to the right) on your device.
If you don't see the icon on your phone then you will need to re-install the app. Click on the "Re-Install the App" button below for directions on how to do so.
On this screen, you will need to login before you actually enter the App. This is the same login you use for the ACaeronet.
If you are a retiree, you must use your employee number (not your email). Your login is the same one used for the ACaeronet.
For most retirees your employee number will start with AC. i.e. - AC012345 along with the password that works with the ACaeronet.
If you don't know or cannot remember your login credentials you won't be able to proceed. Click on the "ACaeronet Help" button below for directions on how reset your password.
FAQ's and Troubleshooting
- I can't log in to the Aeronet or have lost my password
Answer: Please follow this link for ACaeronet information
- I registered for the flight but it doesn't show that I'm listed on the flight in the AC Life App
Answer: The AC Life App is only available for the day of your flight and the day after. You won't be listed until you actually check-in at the airport at the Kiosks or other methods.
- Can you provide screenshots of the App and how to navigate it?
We hope to have these in place in a few days (today is October 19, 2017 when this is written)
- Can you list all the devices that it works on and doesn't work on?
Yes, we are working on a list for this as well.
More tips coming as we compile them...